A Compendium of Works to Increase the Probability of Project Success

Herding Cats

Managment Processes. Making the Impossible Possible: Applying Heliotropic Abundance for creating Program and Project Management Processes. Establishing the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) , AACE Workshop, Denver, Colorado, April 16, 2011. Basis of Estimate Process.

2003 59

The Must-Read Reading List for Project Communication and Collaboration

Girl's Guide to PM

Here’s my Must-Read Reading List for some great pointers on the skills, process and experience of engaging people and working together, whether your job is to lead or to follow. Shearouse: Amacom, 2011. Chris Baréz-Brown: Penguin, 2011. Strategies for Project Sponsorship.

2018 309

Compendium of Works to Increase Probability of Project Success

Herding Cats

Management Processes (#MP). Strategy (#Strategy). While many of the presentations have similar titles, the content is focused on a specific set of processes and practices, while the principles are the same, since they are Immutable. . Management Processes.

2003 45

Software Review: Roadmap Planner [2017]

Girl's Guide to PM

This is where you can add notes, projects or tasks to part of the roadmap so that you don’t forget what that element of your strategy was supposed to be about. Roadmap Planner creates a strategic plan aligned in swim lanes so you could adapt it for recording any process if you wanted.

2017 307

Software Review: Roadmap Planner [2017]

Girl's Guide to PM

This is where you can add notes, projects or tasks to part of the roadmap so that you don’t forget what that element of your strategy was supposed to be about. Roadmap Planner creates a strategic plan aligned in swim lanes so you could adapt it for recording any process if you wanted.

2017 271

ITIL for Project Managers – Should you?

Online PM Courses

And, whether you are an IT Project Manager or not, you may find yourself delivering IT in the form of hardware, infrastructure, software, or service processes as a part of your projects. These are: Strategy development and Requirements gathering. ITIL 2011 Edition.

2018 96

Where Did All the Project Managers Go?

Leading Answers

“ Software is eating the world ” claimed venture capitalist, Marc Andreessen in his 2011, New York Times article. The goals (satisfied stakeholders and value delivery) will remain the same but the tools, titles and processes employed will be vastly different.

2018 134

Quote of the Day

Herding Cats

Project Risk Management Processes: Improving Coordination using a Clustering Approach,” Research in Engineering Design, Springer, 2011, pp. Editors, Springer, 2011. Herding Cats: Risk, Their Sources, and Handling Strategies. Uncertainty is the consequence of all complex systems. It is the lack of needed knowledge of the state of the system in the present or in the future that creates risk. [1], 1], [2] Adaptability, flexibility, and other systems “?illities”

2005 30

How to Manage Expectations on Your Projects

Girl's Guide to PM

Risk management strategies. Change request process. Establishing a single source of truth with all relevant project documents, processes, and tasks will make it even easier for the team to deliver as expected. This is a guest article by Grace Windsor from BrightWork.

2017 244

Top Solutions to Project Failure – Epicflow Research Part 2

Epicflow Blog

Most organizations build structures and processes designed to prevent project failure. Looking ahead while planning the project can help you develop a viable risk management strategy and eliminate constraints.

2019 70

Quote of the Day

Herding Cats

Project Risk Management Processes: Improving Coordination using a Clustering Approach,” Research in Engineering Design, Springer, 2011, pp. Editors, Springer, 2011. Herding Cats: Risk, Their Sources, and Handling Strategies. Uncertainty is the consequence of all complex systems. It is the lack of needed knowledge of the state of the system in the present or in the future that creates risk. [1], 1], [2] Adaptability, flexibility, and other systems “?illities”

2005 28

How To Manage Multiple Projects At The Same Time

Girl's Guide to PM

Right now I have three projects on the go that have the overall aim of streamlining processes and getting rid of paper. Women manage the cheap, small projects: new research on International Women’s Day 2011 marks the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day.

2016 311

Book of the Month

Herding Cats

Program Management and Systems Engineering are two critical processes for the success of any product or project development endeavor. Programs are mechanisms for implementing the core strategy of an organization to maximize the value and benefits for the business, clients, stakeholders, and society. from INCOSE Systems Engineering Handbook: A Guide for System Lifecycle Processes and Activities , 4th Edition, Edited by D.D.

Kanban to manage Complex/ Quick Moving Situations

Digite

In the usual Scrum process, the P.O. Starting in 2007 when we moved from being a waterfall shop to 2011 when we adopted Kanban, we have ourselves mastered a number of challenges that the question above presents. Is this you?

2018 159

Risk Management Resources

Herding Cats

This blog page is dedicated to the resources used to assess risks, their impacts, and handling strategies for software-intensive systems using traditional and agile development methods. 5, September/October 2011. 1, 2011. 5, September/October 2011. “A

Risk 45

A Compendium of Risk Management Resources

Herding Cats

5, September/October 2011. Project Risk Management: A Combined Analytic Hierarchy Process and Decision Tree Approach,” Prasanta Kumar Dey, Cost Engineering , Vol. 1, 2011. Norton, The Systems Engineering Process Office, MITRE Corporation, 6 June 1999.

Risk 42

Quote of the Day - The Systems Approach

Herding Cats

More advice, principles, processes, and tools can be found at The Systems Thinker. Aspects of Complexity: Managing Projects in a Complex World , Editor in Chief: Terry Cooke-Davis, Project Management Institute, 2011.

2006 42

Where Did All the Project Managers Go?

Leading Answers

“ Software is eating the world ” claimed venture capitalist, Marc Andreessen in his 2011, New York Times article. The goals (satisfied stakeholders and value delivery) will remain the same but the tools, titles and processes employed will be vastly different. Agile software development teams organize their own work, solve most of their own problems, and are empowered to experiment with new work strategies and approaches.

Success in Disruptive Times: PMI’s 2018 Pulse of the Profession

Online PM Courses

For me this is about having a repeatable process and strong governance that covers every step of the chain from understanding what drives value in your organization, to identifying the initiatives that will increase value, to successfully implementing those initiatives.

2018 99

Biases in Project Management and How to Remove Them

Herding Cats

Cognitive bias - a mistake in reasoning, evaluating, remembering, or other cognitive processes, often occurring as a result of holding onto one's preferences and beliefs regardless of contrary information. Because of that, we don't separate the thinking processes into a dual-system.

Microeconomics and Risk Management in Decision Making for Software Development

Herding Cats

Take for example the deployment of an ERP system, the installation, and startup of a process control system, the release of a suite of embedded software controllers for a car, aircraft, petrochemical plant. Editors, Springer, 2011. July 20, 2011.

2007 42

Biases in Project Management and How to Remove Them

Herding Cats

Cognitive bias - a mistake in reasoning, evaluating, remembering, or other cognitive processes, often occurring as a result of holding onto one's preferences and beliefs regardless of contrary information. Because of that, we don't separate the thinking processes into a dual-system. And of course, those are biased, filtered are fed back into System One at a later date, creating more bias to the decision-making process in the future. 9, January 2011. [6]

Complete Collection of Project Management Statistics 2015

Wrike

89% of high-performing organizations value project management, 81% actively engage sponsors, 57% align projects with business strategy. [6]. Having a knowledge transfer process in place boosts the chance of project success by over 20%. [6]. Poor purchasing processes: 23%.

2015 58

Project Sponsors are from Venus

The Lazy Project Manager

The book and its central metaphor have become a part of popular culture and so I found myself, as I thought about my ongoing (since 2011) Campaign for Real Project Sponsors, that maybe we could think of project managers and project sponsors in similar terms.